Cintec North America, introduces Seistec, a CINTEC Reinforcing Anchor System, used for seismic repair or for retrofitting seismic upgrading of structures made of brick, stone, terracotta, adobe, or even timber.
- Seistec internally strengthens the integrity of wall-to-wall, wall-to-roof, and wall-to-floor constructions while remaining sensitive to the original architecture
- Comprised of a steel bar enclosed in a mesh fabric sleeve, the product is inserted into the structure in need of reinforcement
- A specially-developed, non-polymer, cement-like grout is then injected into the sleeve under low pressure.
- The grout then fuses with the mesh, expands, and shapes itself around the steel to fit the space.
- May be used in a wide range of masonry materials.
- Anchor body size and even material type can be adjusted, as can the size of the diameter of the cored hole