The new system for replacing 1/2- to 4-in. natural gas distribution pipe allows contractors to easily replace worn tooling and choose from a selection of cable size and winch options.
This 2.5-in. splitting tool with replaceable hardened-steel blades is part of HammerHead's patented tool string used for replacing natural gas distribution pipe. Other components include expanders and connectors.
The HydroGuide HG5 high speed cable winch is just one of the winches that can be used with the tool string components.
HammerHead Trenchless Equipment has developed a modular system for replacing 1/2- to 4-in. natural gas distribution pipe. Used in conjunction with the company's line of cable winches, the tool string components include expanders, connectors and splitting tools with replaceable hardened-steel blades.
- Re-engineered tools allow easy replacement of worn tooling and provide a choice of cable size and winch options
- Integrated swivel design eliminates torque on replacement pipe as it is installed during pullback
- 12-ton HydroGuide HG12 pulling winch with self-deploying downrigger simplifies setup and an adjustable boom can be set to the required depth without jacking up the machine
- All winch systems include an optional ESID system (electrical strike identification device)
- Can be used to install sleeves to contain individual gas pipes or to install mains and services, as well as upsize an existing line to increase its capacity