Detroit Diesel Corporation (Detroit) introduces the integrated Detroit Powertrain featuring the Detroit DD15 engine, DT12 transmission and axles. The Powertrain will be available starting in January 2015 for the Freightliner Cascadia Evolution and later in 2015 for the new Western Star 5700.
- DD15 engine has a downsped rating of 400 hp and 1,750 lb.-ft. that enables it to turn at lower rpms regardless of road speed, reducing fuel consumption and friction
- 1-Box emissions package combines DOC, DPF, SCR catalyst and DEF doser
- Detroit Virtual Technician On Board Diagnostic System
- Intelligent Powertrain Management (IPM) uses pre-loaded terrain maps and GPS to know the route ahead and automatically adjusts transmission and engine functions
- Available 6x2 axle configuration with a 2.28 ratio specifically designed to work with the downsped engine rating
- Non-driven tag axle on the tandem (6x2 configuration) reduces total weight by almost 400 lbs.
- Steer axles use low-friction needle bearings for maximum maneuverability and minimal maintenance