2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD
GMC’s 2015 Sierra All Terrain HD is an off-road-inspired variation for four-wheel-drive 2500HD and 3500HD double cab and crew cab models with SLE or SLT trim levels. Of course the 4WD system comes with GM’s electronically controlled transfer case, and the All Terrain HD also gets the Z71 Off Road package, with Rancho twin-tube shocks, hill descent control and a skid plate.
The All Terrain’s exclusive features include a chrome surround on the grille, exterior graphics, aluminum underbody shields and unique 18-inch six-spoke chrome cast-aluminum wheels. Twenty-inch chrome aluminum wheels are available on 2500HD, while 3500HD models also include adjustable outside camper mirrors with a chrome cap.
Additional exterior content includes light-emitting diode signature headlamps, body-color bumpers (chrome bumpers available), chrome mirrors covers and body side moldings and chrome front-lower bumper plate. Inside, a carbon fiber-inspired theme distinguishes the All Terrain from other models and includes the All Terrain logo on the instrument cluster. A rearview camera system also is standard.
The new All Terrain HD also includes the latest connectivity technology, including IntelliLink and new OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (with three-month/three-gigabyte data trial). Enhanced features for IntelliLink include Text Messaging Alerts for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), which reads incoming texts through the vehicle’s speakers, and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users to enhance connectivity and convenience.
Sierra HD’s 6.0L gas engine is standard and the Duramax turbo-diesel is available.
The 2015 Sierra All Terrain HD goes on sale this summer.
Other new features on the 2015 Sierra HD lineup:
- CornerStep rear bumper, EZ Lift and Lower tailgate, standard locking tailgate, standard upper tie-downs
- Standard StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control
- Integrated cruise control, auto grade braking and diesel exhaust braking
- Enhanced cooling airflow
- New Duralife disc brake rotors that offer up to double the service life
- Forward collision alert, lane departure warning with an active safety seat, and front and rear park assist
- Head-curtain and seat-mounted side airbags are standard on 2500HD and available on 3500HD models
- GMC Pro Grade Protection with two years of scheduled maintenance, three-year/36,000-miles bumper-to-bumper warranty and a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty