W. R. Meadows’ Air-Shield air/vapor and liquid moisture barrier is part of a total W. R. Meadows system to complete the building envelope. This self-adhesive membrane is protected by a special release paper that makes it strong and durable.
- Remains flexible when surface mounted and will adhere to most primed surfaces at minimum temperatures of 40-degrees Fahrenheit
- Provides protection that won’t shrink, sag, dry out, crack, or rot
- Offers resistance to punctures during installation, and its self-healing characteristics facilitate recovery if minimal damage is sustained under normal use applications
- Roll-type product that is nominally 40 mils thick and the membrane’s controlled thickness is fabricated from cross-laminated polyethylene bonded to specially modified asphalt which provides a complete above-grade air, vapor, and water barrier on a variety of construction materials
- Low permeability prevents the transmission of air and inhibits moisture vapor through porous building materials
- Three different types of Air-Shield for use at various application temperatures, allowing applications with temperatures down to 0-degrees Fahrenheit are available
- Air-Shield adheres to prepared substrates of precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood