Volvo's 300-hp L150H, 334-hp L280H and 373-hp L220H loaders span operating weights from 25 to 39 tons. OptiShift technology combines Volvo's Reverse By Braking function with a lock-up torque converter to create a direct drive between the engine and the transmission, eliminating power losses in the torque convertor and reducing fuel consumption by up to 18%.
- Reverse By Braking (RBB) function automatically applies the service brakes to conserve fuel and reduce stress on the drivetrain when the operator changes machine direction
- Eco pedal reduces fuel consumption by mechanical push-back force, which encourages the operator to ease off the throttle when the engine rpm is about to exceed the optimum operating range
- Automatic Power Shift (APS) and Fully Automatic Power Shift (FAPS) functions automatically adjust gears in line with engine and travel speed
- Volvo claims the optimized shape of its rehandling bucket — featuring a spill guard, side cutters and fewer edges to trap material — facilitates faster and more effective bucket fill, leading to a 10% improvement in fuel efficiency
- Optional Boom Suspension System (BSS) absorbs shock and reduces spillage when traveling over rough ground
- Volvo D13J engine
- Load-sensing hydraulics