The Variable Width Spreader Box (VSB) provides flexibility for microsurfacing contractors that work on highways, roads and other pavements where the width fluctuates throughout the job.
- Two augers feed material to the center of the box while the other two evenly distribute the mix during placement
- Augers remain equally spaced apart as the box adjusts for an even placement and a smooth finish
- Available in 8- to 13-ft., 9- to 14-ft. and 10- to 15-ft. models with widths up to 16 ft. available
- Made for Bergkamp pavers or can be customized for other brands
- Connects to the paver’s hydraulic system and adjusts by using the levers located on the handrails of the box
- Fully expandable hydraulically driven ribbon augers feature a 12-in. pitch
- Primary and secondary strike-offs are designed to slide within a guide tube when the box expands or contracts while paving