Behind the black bowtie and other window dressing, Chevrolet’s Rally 2 package for 2015 Silverado LT 1500 pickups includes a towing package with a hitch and automatic locking rear differential. There’s also a backup camera.
The standard engine for Silverado is a 4.3-Liter EcoTec3 V6 with 285 hp and 305 lb.-ft. of torque. It will tow up to 7,200 pounds, based on SAE J2807 Recommended Practices.
Like all EcoTec3 engines, the V6 can seamlessly switch to four-cylinder mode to save fuel under light-load driving, delivering EPA highway fuel consumption estimates of up to 24 mpg.
Also available is a 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 rated at 355 hp. It provides the best fuel economy of any V8 pickup; up to 23 mpg EPA highway.
Interior upgrades with the Rally package includes ten-way power driver seat, dual-zone climate control, remote start and rear defroster. The 8-in. Chevy MyLink radio includes a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot with 4G LTE connectivity.
A body-colored grille with a black bowtie, 22-in. black alloy wheels, black tubular side steps, black mirror caps and door handles, twin black Rally stripes on hood and tailgate give the Rally Edition a unique appearance.
New in the 2015 Silverado 1500
- Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission (6.2L V8 models)
- 12,000-pound max towing capacity available, based on SAE J2807 Recommended Practices
- Enhanced Chevrolet MyLink with Text Messaging Alerts and Siri Eyes Free
- Available OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (3GB/three-month data trial)
- New, available up-level towing mirrors with back-up lighting
- Argent grille with chrome surround on LTZ models with the Z71 package
- Spray-on bedliner now offered on all models
- USB port added to upper glove box on LT models with 40/20/40 front bench seat