Mobile app: Navigator Mobile
Developer: Bentley Systems, Inc.
Cost: Free with subscription
Available on: Apple iPad
Use your iPad and the Navigator Mobile app to review 3D models, BIM models and documents. Contractors can use the app to identify and resolve conflicts and ensure construction meets model specifications. Interactive features enable users to conduct virtual walkthroughs for inspections and reviews, understand status and recognize potential issues. According to Bentley Systems, the bi-directional flow of information allows organizations to optimize field processes, expedite communications and accelerate schedules to minimize rework, ensure quality and minimize risk to project delivery.
The app uses i-models which can include content from virtually any common AEC design application. The i-models can be published using Navigator Mobile Publisher and accessed through ProjectWise, Explorer Mobile or Field Supervisor.
Users can review properties of a selected object, query to find similar objects and filter to display only objects that match specific properties.
The app’s integrated feedback capability allows users to capture issues in real-time such as RFIs and pending punch list items and then share input from reviewers, mark up with simple graphics and provide comments to communicate seamlessly with all project stakeholders throughout the lifecycle.
- Secure, online/offline access to virtual BIM models while in the field for quick use in clarification of design intent and support of status reviews
- Intuitive navigation designed for mobile devices to interactively query object properties and measure distances in the 3D model
- View model intelligence such as embedded documents, pictures and URLs for an object to quickly reference related information
- Review, visualize and contribute feedback to models from any application and discipline leveraging i-models
- Interactive ‘game-like’ features designed specifically for mobile devices
- Navigate in 3D using touch gestures to walk, fly and zoom, or analyze objects in the model
- Interactive features enable users to create clear, precise views to easily access model objects and underlying information needed for the task at hand
- Isolate an element to hide everything except the object of interest
- Create a section of the model for a vertical, horizontal or box view of a specific section
- Add URLs to an object to quickly reference related information