The DD2226 directional drill delivers 2,600 ft.-lbs. of rotational torque and 22,000 lbs. of thrust and pullback, allowing the machine to pull back and turn larger reamers in tough ground conditions. Dual rear stabilizers provide additional stability in uneven terrain.
Next-generation TDOS-1 Operating System software features the new SmartTouch control mode. The SmartTouch feature streamlines pipe handling by allowing the operator to advance through the pipe handling process with a touch of a rocker switch on the joystick. Using SmartTouch also allows allows for fast pipe loading cycle times of up to 165 fpm.
The system also provides a variety of new control options, with all drill information on one easy-to-read display screen. Features include advanced cruise control with engine droop, torque, thrust and pressure settings. The software is designed for easy navigation, allowing quick access to diagnostic and maintenance information.
- Offers capacity for 400 ft. of 10-ft. pipe
- Cam-style pipe loading system allows operator to rotate pipe in the basket and enables additional pipe to be side-loaded for longer bores
- Quad-pinion carriage design with a dual-sided rack spreads the load evenly for stable carriage movement
- Optimized joystick design with responsive thrust and torque control
- 72-hp Yanmar Tier 4 Final, 3.3L engine requires no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)
- 31-gpm, 1,500-psi drilling fluid pump
- Ergonomically designed operator’s station offers more space, a cushioned seat and a wide range of adjustments