- Check the inlet and discharge valves for sticking due to carbon deposits.
- Check for excessive air through the crank case breather indicating worn piston rings.
- Check for low oil pressure indicating worn bearings.
Recommended Rebuild: 5,000-10,000 hours
Rotary Screw Airend
- Check for mechanical seal leakage.
- Check for inlet valve wear.
- Check for excessive bearing "play."
Recommended Rebuild: 50,000 - 100,000 hours
- Grease motor bearings with the right type of grease.
- Replace bearings on a conservative schedule.
- Check amp draw to prevent motor overload.
- Ventilate compressor room and limit ambient temperature to increase motor life.
Direct Drive (without permanent alignment components)
- Verify that the direct drive system is perfectly aligned.
- Check frame and mounting block for "settling" which may cause misalignment and coupling damage.
Direct Drive (with permanent alignment components)
- Check coupling annually.
- Check spray bar for excessive contaminants and plugged orifices.
- Check for wear and "backlash."
- Ensure proper lubrication.
- Check v-belt tension.
- Check wear on v-belt/pulley.
Lubricants cool, seal, lubricate and remove contaminants from a compressor.
- Use proper grade (see manual).
- Drain existing lubricant before refilling.
- Draw routine lubricant samples to determine maximum lubricant life.
- Use synthetic lubricant for maximum service life.
Any contaminants not trapped in the filter will eventually damage machinery and equipment.
- Use proper micron rating as specified by OEM.
- Check pressure differential and, if necessary, carefully clean according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Check for worn/damaged seals.
- Check structural integrity.
- Replace after filter has been cleaned two or three times.
Lubricant Filter/Lubricant Separator
- Use only genuine replacement parts.
- Change when maximum pressure differential is reached or at each lubricant change, whichever occurs first.