A first-of-its-kind technology, J-Band is solving one of roads’ biggest problems: longitudinal joint deterioration. As a result of 15 years of development and testing, this Void Reducing Asphalt Membrane (VRAM)/Longitudinal Joint Sealant (LJS) is maintaining joints from the bottom up.
- Applied immediately prior to paving, as a part of the normal HMA construction process
- Extends the life of longitudinal joints three-fold, by significantly reducing air voids in the longitudinal joint and protecting the road
- Extend service life from the usual 4-5 years to 15+ years
- Less money needed to repair joints.
- On average, every dollar invested in J-Band saves agencies $2 in avoided and deferred maintenance costs
- Open to construction traffic in 30 minutes