Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers will co-host the 2012 Lift and Access Showcase & Symposium at the company's 200-acre auction site in Orlando, Fla., on Wednesday and Thursday, October 24-25, 2012. On Day Two of the event, the Ritchie Bros. Orlando auction site will also be host to bidders from around the world, as the company conducts a one-day unreserved public auction, which currently features more than 900 heavy equipment items including a selection of cranes, lifting and access equipment. Each item will be sold to the highest bidder on auction day, regardless of price - without minimum bids or reserve prices.
On October 24, a panel of industry experts will come together on site to discuss Tier 4 engine challenges, including discussions on what equipment owners can expect from the upcoming equipment emissions standards changes.
Panelists at the 4:15pm discussion on October 24 include:
- Andy Agoos, Principal, Agoos Consulting
- Brad Allen, PE, Vice President, Product Management & Engineering, Genie
- Chris Giorgianni, Vice President of Product, JCB
- Curt Hinkelman, Senior Vice President, Sales, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
- Frank Manfredi, President, Manfredi & Associates, Inc.
- Joe Mastanduno, Account Manager, Rental Marketing, John Deere
"There will be something here for any member of the heavy equipment industry, not only the lifting equipment industry" said Curt Hinkelman, senior vice president, sales, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "It's a fantastic opportunity for manufacturers, contractors, rental houses and trade personnel to come together, learn from each other and open up a dialogue with other industry leaders in their field. As many of us know, the potential effect Tier 4 engines will have on the used-equipment market in coming years is a hot topic in our industry. The event will give us an opportunity to tackle this and other topics with key industry leaders. In addition, event attendees will have the chance to see the global equipment market in action, as we will conduct our unreserved public auction on the second day of the event."
General admission to both the showcase on October 25th and the unreserved industrial equipment auction will be free and open to the public.
Showcase and Symposium
Showcase attendees can peruse the 60 outdoor/indoor exhibits and take the controls of the machines, ask questions of product engineers and learn about the key components directly from industry suppliers. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about specific equipment classes and their features and benefits; operate machines through paved and rough-terrain demonstration areas; take part in education sessions on the most relevant topics for managing equipment fleets; discuss component technologies and aftermarket offerings with a wide range of exhibitors; network with colleagues from across the country; and more.
Auction highlights and details
Bid on more than 900 heavy equipment items, including:
- A 2002 Manitowoc 777 175-Ton self-erecting crawler crane
- An American HC210 210-Ton self-erecting crawler crane
- A selection of more than 30 scissor lifts and boom lifts
- Heavy construction equipment, including crawler tractors, hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders and much more
The auction is open to the public. Registration to bid is free. A refundable bid deposit may be required. Auction begins at 8:00 am Eastern Time on Thursday, October 25, 2012.
- Auction location: Ritchie Bros.' Orlando, Fla., 200±-acre auction site at 700 Ritchie Road, Davenport, Fla. 33897 (exit 55 off of I-4)
- Site phone: (863) 420-9919
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site. Register days in advance or on auction day itself.
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day. A refundable bid deposit may be required. First-time online bidders should register several days in advance of the auction.
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid.