The Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI) announced the following three regional “Post-Tensioning Design for Building Structures” seminars to be held this fall:
- September 16: McLean, VA - Courtyard Marriott Tysons Corner
- September 30: Houston, TX- Holiday Inn Houston West- Energy Corridor
- October 8: Vancouver, BC, Canada- Best Western Chateau Granville
The seminars are designed for engineers, architects, building officials, specifiers, project managers, inspectors, students, and other personnel interested in learning PT design. During each half-day seminar, experienced post-tensioning (PT) design professionals will discuss PT design, analysis, and construction considerations. Hands-on training with practical examples will illustrate the topics covered in the seminar. Highlights include:
- Post-Tensioning Technology: Recent innovations in post-tensioning materials, fabrication, installation considerations, common systems and applicable specifications.
- Design & Analysis: Key concepts such as load balancing, secondary moments and prestress losses, applicable recent building code requirements and their impact on design, hands-on preliminary design with factors affecting the selection of structural systems, detailed analysis with techniques for modeling of one- and two-way slabs, and structural drawings and detailing.
- Applications: Project examples to illustrate various uses of post-tensioning in buildings, tendon arrangement in common floor systems, use of external post-tensioning in the retrofit of existing slab, facts and myths about post-tensioned structural members as compared to reinforced members.
- Construction: Installation considerations, common design mistakes, issues related to drawing review, site inspection, interaction with other trades, various structural element interaction, and construction/coordination issues; repair of post-tensioned structures.
Each seminar will be presented by at least one of the following PT professionals: Rashid Ahmed, P.E., S.E., Walker Parking Consultants; Bryan Allred, P.E., S.E., Seneca Structural Engineering; Donald Kline, P.E., Founder and Principal, Kline Engineering & Consulting, LLC; Cary Kopczynski, P.E., S.E., FACI, Senior Principal & CEO, Cary Kopczynski & Company; and Miroslav F. Vejvoda, MBA, P.E., Technical Director, Post-Tensioning Institute.
The cost to attend is $300, $250 PTI Members. Attendees who register at least 30 days in advance receive a $50 discount on registration. To learn more about the course content, read speaker bios, and register, view the seminar flyer at www.post-tensioning.org.