The Concrete Polishing Association of America will be hosting a Tradesman Certification course via webinar on Friday, April 11. The class will be split into two sessions – Part 1: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CST; Part 2: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Tradesman Introduction Certificate is an introductory course and the first step toward understanding the polishing process. There is no hands-on training offered in this course. The course introduces the student to the many variables and challenges encountered within the polishing process. Individuals completing this course must demonstrate, through a comprehensive written exam, a basic understanding of the following topics:
- Overview of equipment used for concrete polishing
- How and when densifiers are applied
- The purpose of applying a densifier during the polishing process
- Overview of diamond abrasives
- Using diamond abrasives to achieve maximum refinement
- Understanding safety hazards within the concrete polishing industry
At the completion of the course, each student, after passing the exam, will be awarded a Tradesman Introduction Certificate. The cost to participate in the course is $160.