The American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) has redeveloped its primary website, www.acpa.org, combining the latest digital technology to perform the two-fold functions of delivering content and serving as a resource for conducting association business.
The result is a website that allows quick access to information about the association (including members, affiliates, and staff); membership benefits; industry and association events; and paving and distinguished service awards. The site also includes industry statistics; breaking news (including industry, association, and legislative/advocacy news); technical and promotional resources; and education & training opportunities.
Immediately upon arriving at the home page, site visitors will see the dynamic format of the website, which features bold graphics and a snapshot view of the latest showcased items, most popular features, latest news items, and events posted to a searchable web calendar.
“The mobile-friendly website features a modern look and employs the latest technology to engage and inform visitors,” says Andy Gieraltowski, ACPA’s vice president of operations and IT.
Exploring the site beyond the home page, however, visitors will see much more. Gieraltowski explains, the site goes far beyond the traditional role of simply delivering static content. New interactive features of the site will present content dynamically and allow members to participate in committee/task force business online through a revamped members-only portal. The portal includes functionality that allows members to communicate with each other and share resources.
“The ACPA members-only portal, will allow association members, staff, and affiliates to connect, collaborate, and engage in association business activities online,” he said.
Other Major Improvements
Site visitors also will be able to enjoy the benefits of:
- Improved ease-of-access — Faster and easier access to a wide range of information concerning the association, the concrete pavement industry, upcoming events, news, and resources.
- Searchable content — A search field on the home page allows quick access to content. By typing key words or phrases immediately to the right of the search icon on the home page, visitors can retrieve a wealth of information and resources.
- Social media integration — Members and other site visitors can quickly connect with ACPA’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube channels. Using these and other social media channels, they also can post links and comments about individual items of interest to colleagues, customers, agencies/owners, and others in the transportation-construction community.
- Cross-platform compatibility — The website is fully functional with Windows, Macintosh, and other operating systems. This allows seamless access using a wide range of digital devices, including PC’s, smartphones (iPhone and Droid), tablets, and other digital devices.
In addition to the features described above, ACPA members can log-in and visit the ‘online benefits’ section to enjoy a wide range of benefits available exclusively to members. A few examples include:
- Technical recommendations or other support from ACPA experts.
- Collaboration with ACPA Committee and Task Force members.
- Timely news about the association and industry, including some members-only news and information.
- Updates and involvement in government affairs and other advocacy activities.
- Networking and connecting with the concrete paving community.
- Accessing member-company and individual contact information.
- Obtaining discounted rates on event registrations, education & training, software and other digital resources, and literature.
The American Concrete Pavement Association is the national trade association for the concrete pavement industry. The primary mission of the ACPA is to create and maintain a strong national presence through dynamic, strategic leadership; effective technical expertise and resources; and persuasive advocacy on behalf of the concrete pavement industry.