The ACI Foundation announces the opening of its student Fellowship and Scholarship program for the 2015-2016 academic year.
This year, the ACI Foundation is offering ten fellowships for undergraduate and graduate students, eight scholarships for graduate students and one scholarship for undergraduate students studying concrete, through funds from the American Concrete Institute, ACI members, and corporate donors. The application process is open through Oct. 15, 2014.
ACI Foundation Fellowships range from $7,000 to $10,000, and are awarded to high-potential undergraduate and graduate students who are studying engineering, construction management, or other related fields of study in the area of concrete. Fellowship applicants must be nominated by a faculty member who is also an ACI member to be considered for these awards. Those students receiving Fellowships also receive paid travel and registration to two ACI Conventions, assignment to an industry mentor, and a summer internship, in some cases.
Available Fellowships include:
- The ACI Presidents’ Fellowship
- (2) - ACI Baker Student Fellowships
- ACI Elmer Baker Student Fellowship
- ACI Richard N. White Student Fellowship
- ACI BASF Construction Chemicals Student Fellowship
- ACI Cagley ACI Student Fellowship
- ACI Charles Pankow Foundation
- ACI Student Fellowship
- ACI Richard D. Stehly Memorial Fellowship
- A new Fellowship in honor of the Founders of the ACI Fellowship Program, who are Dan Baker of Baker Construction, Jim and Sharon Cagley and Cagley & Associates, and Tom Verti of Pankow representing the Charles Pankow Foundation.
ACI Foundation Scholarships range from $3,000 to $5,000, and are awarded to high-potential graduate and undergraduate students who are studying concrete-related subjects.
Available scholarships include:
- The ACI Scholarship
- Kumar Mehta Scholarship
- ACI Bertold E. Weinberg Scholarship
- Katharine and Bryant Mather Scholarship
- Schwing America Scholarship
- Stewart C. Watson Memorial Scholarship
- ACI Foundation Richard D. Stehly Memorial Scholarship (undergraduate)
- ACI W. Gene Corley Memorial Scholarship
Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but the program of study must be ABET-accredited or a mutually recognized program by ABET.
More information, including application requirements, instructions, tips for student applicants, and information for educators can be found at www.scholarshipcouncil.org. If you are interested in helping to fund future student ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships, please visit www.ACIFoundation.org.