Updated March 19, 2013
Navistar worked with Fabco to develop the industry's only gear-driven transfer case in this Class 4 and 5 trucks for the four-wheel drive system used in its International Terrastar 4x4. The new TC28 is described as the "inner workings of a Fabco TC38 with a case made to fit in the Terrastar."
- 300-hp Maxxforce 7, 6.4-liter V8 engine delivers 660 lb.-ft. of torque
- No selective catalytic reduction (SCR) expected until 2015
- Compacted graphite iron (CGI) block reduces weight
- Allison Optimized 1000 Series transmission
- 107-in. bumper to back of cab
- Extended cab or crew cab configurations available