The Cooper Wessex pendulum skid resistance tester CRT-PENDULUM is the most widely used portable skid resistance tester in the world. The CRT-PENDULUM PST measures the frictional resistance between a rubber slider mounted on the end of a pendulum arm and the test surface. This provides highway engineers with a routine method of checking the resistance of wet and dry surfaces to slipping and skidding, both in the lab and on site.
- Pendulum rotates about a spindle attached to a vertical pillar; at the end of the tubular arm a head of known mass is fitted with a rubber slider; pendulum is released from a horizontal position so that it strikes the sample surface with a constant velocity
- Distance travelled by the head after striking the sample is determined by the friction of the sample surface; a reading of Skid Resistance is obtained
- Precision engineered and perfected over 50 years
- Low friction arm and lightweight pointer
- Designed for laboratory and in situ road surface testing
- Dispatched calibrated to EN1097-8 (accredited under ISO 9001:2000)