The 427 and 437 wheel loaders replace the 426 and 436, offering increased efficiency, lower emissions and improved operator comfort. Due to go into production in September 2012, the 427 and 437 are powered by a Cummins QSB 6.7-liter engine that achieves Tier 4 Interim emissions compliance with no need for a diesel particulate filter or exhaust aftertreatment additives.
Key improvements on the new models include:
- 9.4% increase in torque on the 427 (now 591lbf - ft) due to increased response at low engine speeds provided by the variable geometry turbocharger
- Smart engine efficiency features including low idle setting (700 rpm), power and economy modes and optional idle shutdown
- Up to 100% traction with automatic differential locking axles
- Up to 16% improvement in fuel consumption with optional 5-speed transmission and lock-up converter
- Significantly lower cab noise levels (now 68 dBA)
- Revised styling including cab refresh with full-color LCD screen, rear chassis, body work and counterweight