The Volvo ECR58D and ECR88D short swing radius compact excavators feature a narrow body designed and centrally positioned boom to allow the rear to swing within its track shoe and the unit to work close to other objects. A mono-boom, several arm configurations and blade are available for greater flexibility.
- Reinforced, three-piece, high-tensile steel X-shaped frame undercarriage
- Offset movements controlled simultaneously by a joystick
- ECR58D has 4-cylinder, 50-hp engine; ECR88D has 4-cylinder, 58-hp engine; both are Tier 4 final/Stage IIIB with exhaust afetertreatment system
- Auto-idling system reduces engine speed when controls are inactive; can be pre-set by operator (between three and 20 seconds)
- ROPS-certified cab
- Automatic two-speed travel and hydraulic travel pedals
- Breakout force: ECR58D - 8,950 lbs.; ECR88D - 12,860 lbs. short arm, 12,770 lbs. long arm
- Tearout force: ECR58D - 5,980 lbs. short arm, 5,060 lbs. long arm; ECR88D - 8,950 lbs. short arm, 7,730 lbs. long arm
- Max digging reach: ECR58D - 19 ft. 8 in. short arm, 20 ft. 11 in. long arm; ECR88D - 22 ft. 10 in. short arm, 24 ft. 1 in. long arm
- Max digging depth: ECR58D 11 ft. 7 in. short arm, 12 ft. 11 in. long arm; ECR88D - 13 ft. 7 in. short arm, 14 ft. 10 in. long arm
- Operating weight: ECR58D - 12,550 to 15,440 lbs.; ECR88D - 19,010 to 20,950 lbs.