Instron introduces its 1000HDX Universal Testing Machine that features a dual test space for tension, compression, bend, shear, and flexure testing on high-strength materials. The machine is ideal for testing materials for the metal, fastener, and construction markets, including rebar, wire, strip, tube, plate and structural steel, as well as concrete. Unit is available with two different crosshead configurations: hydraulically-actuated open front design for increased productivity and operator safety; and manually-operated closed pocket design when budget constraints are a primary concern. Instron digital control electronics provide automatic recognition and calibration of transducers, while the Windows-based testing software provides ease of operation and flexibility. Accuracy is provided by load cell system and zeroing capability.
The Asphalt Pavement Analyzer-Junior (APA-Jr.) is a multifunctional wheel tester used to evaluate both cold and hot mix in a dry or submerged in water condition.
- Can test cylindrical- and beam-type samples
- Two loaded wheels
- Meets the provisions of the AASHTO TP63-06 Test Method for Determining the Rutting Susceptibility of Hot Mix Asphalt and AASHTO T324-04 Test Method for Hamburg-Type Wheel Tracking Test
- Uses a PLC PC-based control system
Malvern Instruments offers a software version for its range of Malvern Bohlin rheometers.
- Version 6.40 includes flexible data analysis setup and automation and a completely new test type
- Analysis routines built into the software, including a template wizard, improved model fitting capabilities, Time Temperature Superposition (TTS) analysis, and data manipulation routines
- Extended language support
- Fewer than five mouse clicks are needed to perform an analysis
H-1322 compression machine
The Humboldt H-1322 Marshall and TSR compression machine provides unattended operation and recording of test data.
- 16-BIT analog to digital converter with chart recorder output
- Automatically tests and records Marshall stability and plastic flow of bituminous mixture on one chart with an accuracy to less than 1 percent over the total range
- Total frame capacity of 10,000 pounds for Marshall and TSR compression
IRIS Ground Penetrating Radar
- Allows you to "see" through concrete, asphalt and soil
- Helps detect subsurface moisture, voids and bridge deck delamination
- Helps determine pavement structure and layer thickness
- Can be done at highway speeds
- Locates and measures voids beneath pavement
The Troxler PaveTracker Plus is a lightweight electromagnetic sensing device for measuring the uniformity and relative density of asphalt pavement.
- Measurements are practically instantaneous when the device is placed on the asphalt surface, allowing the operator to correct problems before construction is complete
- User-friendly software to assist the operator in performing readings and storing data for later viewing or downloading
- For quick quality control measurements to check for segregation, areas of low density and overall pavement uniformity
- Complies with ASTM standard D7113
- Non-nuclear and requires no licensing or special training in order to possess, operate or transport the equipment
SDG soil density gauge
To meet the need for a fast, accurate, non-nuclear soil density/compation and moisture gauge, TransTech Systems has developed an innovative alternative, the electrical impedance-based Soil Density Gauge (SDG) for use as a QC tool during the soil compaction process. The SDG is designed to eliminate unit icensing and certification associated with nuclear materials usage. No special operator training/certification or radiation monitoring requirements are necessary. The unit is user friendly and cost effective for any crew member. Unit provides GPS logging for database management and offers fast, reliable and repeatable reading in real time.