Being a success in the rental industry takes leadership, perseverance and teamwork – which are three characteristics that describe Peyton Manning, the keynote speaker for The Rental Show 2015 in New Orleans.
Manning, current quarterback of the Denver Broncos and the NFL’s only five-time Most Valuable Player, will share his thoughts about developing qualities of leadership, making the right decisions and what it takes to become a champion in our own lives during the keynote session on Feb. 23.
His appearance is one of the highlights of the American Rental Association’s 59th annual convention and trade show, Feb. 22-25 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The show continues its focus on profit, providing the resources rental business owners need to succeed.
“For anyone in the rental industry who’s serious about profit, The Rental Show presents a must-attend opportunity. This is the only show where you can find the tools needed to grow your profitability,” said Christine Wehrman, ARA’s CEO. “From the latest rental equipment on the trade show floor to the full day of rental-specific educational seminars and networking with those who know the rental business best, The Rental Show is the only place to find all these resources in one location.”
Here’s a look at the 2015 highlights.
- More than 675 exhibitors in a three-day trade show, offering the newest rental products in three categories: construction/industrial, general tool/homeowner and party/special event. Many will have Show-Only Specials to help save on equipment purchases.
- A full day of seminars on Feb. 22, with 23 total educational sessions throughout the show. Topics cover cash flow, communication, online video, workplace safety and more. Morning sessions are on Feb. 24 and the Wednesday Wake-Up Session is on Feb. 25, featuring Seth Mattison on “Gen-Power: Unleashing the Potential of Every Generation.”
- Special construction/general tool education track. Seminars will cover topics such as safety and aerial work platforms, plus two Rental Town Halls: one for construction/industrial and a brand-new town hall for the general tool/DIY market.
- “ARA’s Celebration at Steamboat Natchez,” for attendees to experience one of New Orleans’ top attractions and the last authentic steamboat on the Mississippi River. All three floors of the steamboat and the waterfront pavilion will be available for attendees that evening, with a variety of New Orleans cuisine and beverages available plus live jazz music and entertainment.
- Events designed for connecting with peers, including the Networking Lunch With ARA, Regional Receptions for those from the U.S. and Canada plus the International Reception for those from other countries, and the ARA Foundation Charity Auction and Reception. Those between the ages of 18 and 40 are invited to attend the Young Professionals Network reception.
- The chance to win $2,500 – and more. ARA members will be receiving a special memento in the mail to bring to the ARA Store on site in New Orleans to enter a drawing for $2,500. Also, attendees will have the opportunity to win an iPad Air at the ARA Member Resource Center.
- Events & Tents. Those in party/special event rental can register for a separate one-day workshop on Feb. 21 designed just for them. It includes 15 educational sessions covering tenting, operations, sales/marketing and more, as well as a trends forecast, closing session featuring virtual tours of three rental businesses and networking reception.
The keynote session, sponsored by Ditch Witch, will include association highlights from ARA’s officers and the Rental Hall of Fame induction prior to Manning’s presentation.
A New Orleans native, Manning is a 13-year Pro Bowl selection and has earned his place among the NFL’s greatest quarterbacks. In two seasons with Denver, Manning has led the Broncos to consecutive 13-win seasons while throwing for an NFL-best 100 touchdowns in the regular season and playoffs. For the 2013 season, he received his fifth MVP Award from the Associated Press and was named “Sportsman of the Year” by Sports Illustrated. Manning is only the third quarterback in NFL history to lead multiple teams to the Super Bowl. During his first 14 NFL seasons in Indianapolis, he led the franchise to its first World Championship in 36 years, earning Super Bowl MVP honors. Manning is a graduate of the University of Tennessee, where he led the football team to an SEC championship.
Only those with a full registration for The Rental Show will receive a ticket for the keynote session. Full registration will be available to ARA members at a special rate of $119 for a limited time, with online registration opening in early September at TheRentalShow.com. Also included with full registration are the three days of trade show from Feb. 23-25 and the educational seminars on Feb. 22, 24-25.