The JCB Ecomax engine achieves emissions levels using in-cylinder technologies without the need for external exhaust aftertreatment or a DPF. The engine will be fitted into the company's equipment spanning the 74- to 174-hp range.
The 350,000-square-foot plant will be involved in the production of JCB backhoe-loaders, tracked excavators, wheel loaders, Loadall telescopic handlers and compaction equipment.
The Ecomax Tier 4 Interim engines and variable flow hydraulic pumps are now included across the 3CX and 4CX backhoe-loader range.
- 3CX comes with a 74-hp engine (91 hp optional) that provides 295 lb.-ft. of torque, up to a 5% fuel economy improvement and a 1-dBA noise reduction
- 4CX comes with a 109-hp engine providing 380 lb.-ft. of torque and 2% better fuel consumption
- 91-hp and 109-hp models include a variable flow hydraulic pump delivering 43.5 gpm
- Quickhitch includes sensors to ensure the bucket or attachment is securely in place before the hitch can be operated
- Optional 6x1 bucket cylinder guards and front bucket street pads