Temperature of the asphalt mat, the pattern of the rollers, mat density and other factors all have an impact on the success (or failure) of your asphalt compaction. The level of compaction directly impacts both the quality and lifetime of an asphalt pavement.
This how-to guide gives contractors best practices and recommendations to achieve successful asphalt pavement compaction.
What you’ll learn in this guide:
- Five factors affecting density
- How to use a rolling train
- How mat thickness affects roller amplitude
- How temperature affects compaction
- Benefits of echelon rolling