The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) recently announced the winners of the 2014 Tilt-Up Professional Awards.
Winners were celebrated during the Tilt-Up Awards Gala during the TCA International Convention. The award categories and winners are as follows:
- Murray Parker Memorial Award, created to recognize a contractor who has significantly contributed to the growth of the tilt-up industry in new markets and in new regions, was presented to Clay Fischer, President of Woodland Construction.
- David L. Kelly Distinguished Engineer Award, created to honor advancements and the evolution of engineering solutions for the tilt-up industry, was presented to Timothy W. Mays, Ph.D., P.E., Associate Professor of Civil Engineering at The Citadel.
- Robert Aiken Memorial Award, recognizing one of the industry’s founding fathers, was given to Mark P. Gardner, P.E., Managing Engineer, Hinman Consulting Engineers.
- Irving Gill Distinguished Architect Award, honoring architectural achievement in tilt-up, was presented to Jeffrey Brown, AIA, Principal-in-Charge of Design for Powers Brown Architecture.
- Peter Courtois Memorial Award, the industry’s highest honor as it is presented to a recipient whose career-long dedication to the greater good of the tilt-up industry is recognized by their peers, was given to Richard J. McPherson, P.E., Chairman of the Board for Seretta Construction
“The experience, passion, expertise and ambition of these individuals is inspiring,” says Mitch Bloomquist, Managing Director for the TCA. “We are very fortunate to have such pioneers in our industry.”
For complete recipient biographies and additional information, visit Tilt-Up Today.