"What Every Agency and Contractor Should Understand About Using Concrete Overlays Successfully" is based on the “Guide to Concrete Overlays,” 3rd Edition, and will take place on Thursday, September 4, 2014 from noon to 2:00p.m. (Central); 1:00pm to 3:00pm (Eastern); and 10:00am to Noon (Pacific).
Presenters include Dale Harrington, P.E., Snyder & Associates for the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center and Gary Fick, P.E., Trinity Construction Management Services, Inc., for the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center.
This webinar provides a thorough overview of the recently published, “Guide to Concrete Overlays,” 3rd edition. In this webinar, we will present:
- An overview of bonded and unbonded overlays, subset overlay types, and how and when they are used.
- The program also will include a brief history of concrete resurfacing, as well as changes in the technology that have occurred in recent years.
- The webinar also will feature brief discussions on evaluating pavements & selecting solutions; various concrete overlay options; overlay design considerations; materials and mixtures; work zone strategies; and construction of concrete overlays.
- The presenters also will cover how overlays fit with pavement preservation, rehabilitation, and reconstruction strategies.
- The program also will cover some “lessons learned” from recent overlay projects, and relate these experiences to projects you may be planning.
- Some current resources also will be discussed, including overlay design considerations and software solutions offered by the American Concrete Pavement Association, University of Pittsburgh, etc.
Presented by the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center, with support from the American Concrete Pavement Association, this program is sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration. This webinar is the first in a series of webinars, which after this introductory session, will continue in 2015.
Contractors, consultants, and agencies alike will all benefit from this program, which is highly recommended for construction managers, project managers, superintendents, foremen, QC/QA personnel, pavement designers, inspectors, procurement personnel, and others who have either direct or indirect responsibility for rehabilitating and preserving pavements.
The American Concrete Pavement Association and CP Tech Center will award 2.0 professional development hours (PDH's) to those who complete this live, web-based training program, as well as the optional “evidence of learning exam” following the webinar. Participants interested in earning PDH’s are responsible for determining the applicability of any training programs toward licensing requirements in their respective state/province. The sponsors of this program strongly recommend all participants check local state/province requirements in advance of taking this course.
To register online for this event, please follow this link: http://www.acpa.org/upcoming-webinars-meganars-and-workshops/. Please select either the "individual" or "group" registration option.
Important: Government employees must contact ACPA directly to receive the government discount. Please contact:
- (Wednesday-Friday) Debbie Becker (email@example.com | 847.423.8710)
- (Monday through Wednesday) Elizabeth Rodden (firstname.lastname@example.org | 847.423.8702)