The enhanced N Series backhoe-loaders feature an all-new Pilot Control hydraulic system for optimal precision and smoothness, offering the operator more control in critical applications. Improvements have also been made to the hydraulic system to reduce cab noise for greater operator comfort.
The fuel economy package is now standard. It includes ECO mode switches for both the loader and backhoe functions and the Auto Engine Idle feature. Also standard is the Engine Protection Shutdown mode, which turns the engine off if engine temperature, drivetrain fluid temperature or engine oil pressure go out of normal operating range. Electrical system features such as a battery disconnect switch and jumpstart terminal are also standard.
The drivetrain has been updated for improved roading and gradeability, as well as more pushing power under load and greater acceleration around the jobsite. The machines also includes new externally adjustable Extendahoe wear pads.
Factory options now available include an LED light option, bolt-on chaff screen that attaches over the standard front grill, an 18-in. front tire offering and heavy-duty front axle (580N and 580 Super N models) and bolt-on front fenders
- 580N, 580 Super N, 580 Super N Wide Track and 590 Super N feature 78- to 108-hp Tier 4 Interim, 3.4-liter, turbocharged engines with CEGR technology
- Standard automatic Ride Control on four-wheel-drive models
- Power Lift channels hydraulic power directly to the boom at the touch of a button for lift capabilities comparable to a 8-ton excavator
- Fabricated, over-center boom design
- Powershift S-Type, Powershift H-Type and Powershuttle transmission options
- Variable Volume Hydraulic (VVH) System improves cycle times and efficiencies
- Side lighting package illuminates the entire perimeter of the machine