John Deere included in its K Series backhoe loaders 70-hp EP models that satisfy U.S. EPA's Tier 4 Interim exhaust regulations without need for exhaust aftertreatment. All of the new K Series -- 310K EP, 310K, 310SK, 310SK TC, 315SK, 410K, 410K TC, and 710K, and 210K EP and 210K tractor loaders -- are powered by a certified Tier 4 Interim/Euro Stage III B PowerTech engine model, and come with a five-speed transmission or optional AutoShift.
A single loader lever with integrated electro-hydraulic (EH) auxiliary control eliminates the need for a second lever when using multi-function work tools. A joystick redesign for Deere’s Total Machine Control (TMC) backhoe delivers equal lever efforts in all directions for smooth operation and precise swing control that reduces backhoe wag.
Backhoe loaders with a Sealed Switch Model (SSM) come standard with machine security. Differential Lock Protection can easily be enabled through the monitor and prevents damage from locking the rear differential at excess speeds. Smart technology such as auto idle, auto shutdown and keyless start are standard features on all SSM machines. Plus an economy mode provides sets machine performance for optimal fuel savings at maximum productivity.
Features carried forward from the J Series include:
- A multi-plate clutch to engage mechanical front wheel drive (MFWD) on the fly
- 10 adjustable work lights in the deluxe lighting package
- Multi-language digital monitor offering on-board diagnostics, calibrations and performance information
- Same-side, ground-level daily servicing
- Standard three-year subscription of JDLink telematic information
Brochure: John Deere K Series Backhoe Loaders