Doosan has introduced its first Tier 4-compliant wheel loaders — the DL300-5, DL350-5, DL420-5, DL450-5 and DL550-5 — with a horsepower range of 271 hp in the DL300-5 to 379 hp in the DL550-5. They boast improvements in fuel efficiency, operator comfort, serviceability, reliability and remote monitoring with Doosan Telematics.
The units' Scania diesel engines are optimized for use with a high-pressure common-rail (HPCR) fuel delivery system and a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) system. They utilize a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) to reduce particulate matter (PM) and selective catalyst reduction (SCR) aftertreatment to reduce nitrogen oxides (NOx) — the same technology used to achieve iT4 compliance in this size class. In addition, the wheel loaders use a variety of aftertreatment systems as part of Tier 4 compliance, such as diesel exhaust fluid (DEF).
- 41,844- to 69,987-lb. operating weights
- Dump heights from 9 ft. 4 in. to 11 ft. 2 in. and breakout force 37,768 to 53,303 lbf.
- Mass airflow sensor enables improved management of airflow from the variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) and optimized fuel delivery to the combustion chamber based on engine air intake volume and rpm
- Exhaust brake helps to maintain consistent engine temperatures at lower engine speeds to improve operating efficiency
- Auto-shutdown system
- Limited-slip differentials allow more traction
- High-lift configuration available to provide additional dump height
- DL300-5 through DL550-5 feature three selectable work modes (Economy, Standard and Power) to better balance fuel consumption and machine power to working conditions
- Come standard with a three-year subscription to Doosan Telematic