Bobcat Company is coming to CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 with a bold vision to reinvent the industry and launch more new products than ever before. At this year’s show, which will bring more than 120,000 attendees to Las Vegas from March 10 – 14, Bobcat will offer the latest in the compact machine evolution through an interactive customer experience.
“We are thrilled to show CONEXPO attendees from around the world what compact equipment and our industry will look like in the years to come,” said Doosan Bobcat CEO Scott Park. “We will demonstrate our innovative products and technologies and share our strong commitment to helping people – our customers, dealers and communities – accomplish more.”
At booth N10001 in the North Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Bobcat executives and subject matter experts will be featured on a specially designed Innovation Stage to spotlight the latest news and insights about the company’s new products, innovations and vision for the future.During the show, Bobcat will also feature new community partnerships with Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) and Bombas to address critical needs in the communities where its customers, dealers and employees live and work. Highlights during the show include:
- Booth visitors will be able to preorder a limited-edition WWP scale-model loader and purchase co-branded WPP and Bobcat gear. Proceeds from the sale of these items directly benefit WPP.
- Bombas will partner with Bobcat to give away 5,000 pairs of its brand-new work boot sock in the booth throughout the show. After the show, Bobcat will work with Bombas to give away an additional 5,000 pairs to the shelters and programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs to benefit at-risk veterans.
In addition, as an extension of its recognition of U.S. military service members, Bobcat will identify a military veteran to receive a new T76 R-series track loader. The T76, which will be on display at CONEXPO, is valued at $75,000.
Bobcat’s new vision will be on full display at CONEXPO with the largest product and technology services lineup in company history. As a part of this step forward, Bobcat L23 and L28 small articulated loaders will be officially launched at this year’s show and will be accompanied by Bobcat R-Series compact loaders, R2-Series compact excavators, the E145 excavator and the CT2540 compact tractor – all of which were recently announced. These new product offerings will enhance Bobcat’s lineup and provide innovative and intelligent features to meet the changing needs of customers.
Bobcat Company will be showing three electric concept machines at the show: The E17e, an electric/hydraulic excavator; the S70e, an electric/hydraulic loader; and the T76e, an all-electric loader. Bobcat electric prototype machines will be ideal for the indoor demolition market. With zero emissions and a durable lithium-ion battery, they will work just as hard as diesel models with fewer maintenance needs. The fully-electric concept machine has the potential to completely revolutionize the compact equipment industry. Bobcat will be the first to engineer an all-electric loader.
In addition, Bobcat will be launching the E165 this spring. The E165 will be the largest excavator in the Bobcat excavator lineup, yet still light enough to transport to and from the jobsite.
L23 and L28 Small Articulated Loaders
Bobcat will officially launch its small articulated loader line at CONEXPO, which includes the L23 and L28. These loaders are sized to easily fit into backyards and offer impressive lifting capacity. They are ideal for landscaping, tree care, tree removal and snow removal tasks. Bobcat small articulated loaders are easy to transport and offer a light footprint for low turf disturbance.The L28 is equipped with a boom that extends up to 24 inches. The telescoping boom arm includes an innovative dual-cylinder design that keeps the load level as operators move the bucket. The telescopic cylinder is synchronized with a second-level cylinder, providing superior leveling and preventing excessive rollback.
R-Series Compact Loaders
New R-Series loaders are a revolution in both form and function. Designed to tackle everyday work and the toughest challenges, these next-generation loaders have been redesigned inside and out to be the most powerful, durable loaders built by Bobcat. The first R-Series loaders models, which recently launched, include the Bobcat T76 compact track loader and the S76 skid-steer loader. A full series rollout will occur across all platforms and models within the next two years. R-Series includes the following features:
- Redesigned lift arms for increased lifting capability, featuring cast-steel sections that provide greater strength while enabling a slimmer profile arm, enhancing visibility.
- Improved cooling system for optimal operation and maximum uptime.
- Clear-side enclosure option and mesh-free windows for increased visibility to the sides of the machine and to maneuver more confidently.
- New one-piece sealed and pressurized cab design for a new level of operator comfort and improved service access.
- New inline engine design and durable direct-drive system to accommodate new levels of performance.
- 5-Link torsion suspension undercarriage on new R-Series compact track loaders dramatically reduce stress and vibration, making operation more comfortable.
- Cast-steel Bob-Tach attachment mounting system for a stronger attachment connection point.
R2-Series E42 and E50 Excavators
R2-Series compact excavators deliver a new look paired with performance and comfort features, as well as enhanced machine uptime protection. The first R2-Series excavators to launch are the E42 and E50 excavators. Features include:
- Improved low-effort joysticks for quick, precise movement with low effort.
- Depth check ready, making it easier to install the optional Bobcat depth check accessory. Depth check helps minimize the tendency to over- and under-dig.
- Dual-flange track rollers that extend the undercarriage structure close to the track’s edge, resulting in improved over-the-side digging performance and slewing ability.
- Redesigned engine to improve cold-weather operation, maintenance and service.
- Optional clamp diverter valve for enhanced hydraulic clamp functionality and improved ability to run attachments without disconnecting the clamp.
- Easy-to-reach auxiliary hydraulics due to new location on the excavator arm.
- Standard integrated lift eye to easily handle objects in and out of the trench.
- Optional automotive-style touch display, with easy-to-use touchscreen to make operation efficient, productive and profitable.
- An optional rear camera that offers a continuous rear view from the operator’s seat.
The E145 is ideal for heavy digging and lifting operations on commercial and residential building sites, underground utility applications, and road and bridge projects. Featuring a reduced tail swing design, the E145 offers great maneuverability in tight job sites, enabling contractors to confidently work around obstacles.
This new large excavator pairs well with large-frame Bobcat loaders and delivers quick cycle times; powerful hydraulic, arm and bucket forces; and a spacious cab – all to improve operator productivity.
CT2540 Compact Tractor
Bobcat equipment was born to work on a farm more than 60 years ago. Since then, Bobcat equipment has remained a constant presence on farms and ranches. With 15 models – ranging from 21 to 58 horsepower – across four transmission types, Bobcat compact tractors are perfectly designed to take on the challenges and chores that agriculture producers and homeowners with acreage and agriculture producers face daily.
They include the following features:
- Standard four-wheel drive and a tight turning radius of as little as 96.4 inches – essential for effective mowing, tilling and operating in close proximity to barns, fences, trees and other barriers.
- Select Bobcat tractors – models CT2025 and up – offer steering brakes to give customers greater control when working between buildings, in pens and barns, or around other obstacles.
- Bobcat quick attach mounting system comes standard across all platforms to save customers valuable time and money.
- Standard three-point hitch to help operators attach and remove implements with ease, performing a larger number of tasks or replacing work previously done by hand.
- Powerful rear power take-off (PTO), which is essential for transferring power from the engine to any rotary implement – keeping users moving regardless of the chore.
- One-sided maintenance for easy access to engine fluid fills and filters from one side of the tractor.
- Heavy-duty brush guard to protect the front of the machine from debris, branches and other obstacles.
- Suspension seat on some models for absorbing bumps and creating an overall smoother ride, a rubber deck mat to dampen vibrations through the floor, and a comfortable operator station with ergonomic controls to enable hours of comfortable and confident work.
Bobcat tractors are available with three different types of tires to match the requirements of any work. Agricultural tires are designed for towing heavy loads or pulling implements; turf tires provide traction with minimal damage to lawns or finished surfaces; and industrial tires offer maximum traction and outstanding protection against long-time wear or punctures.With multiple transmission types to choose from, there’s an option for any user. Bobcat compact tractors are designed with one of four different transmission types – manual shift transmission, synchro shift transmission, hydrostatic transmission or electric hydrostatic transmission – depending on the tractor’s frame size and model. Bobcat compact tractors are the perfect tools for trimming down hours of work, thanks to their versatile lineup of compatible attachments and implements:
- Attachments: Front-end loader, backhoe and mid-mount mower
- Implements: Box blade, angle blade, tine rake, rotary cutter, tiller, snowblower, finish mower, post hole digger (auger), rear ballast box and quick hitch
New Technology and Services
Bobcat is continuing to connect people and machines in new and innovative ways with a variety of technologies. Evolving technologies empower customers to stay safe, work more efficiently, and work in ways they never dreamed possible.
Bobcat MaxControl is a suite of features that allow operators to take their machine to the next level of operation utilizing mobile technology. Remote Operation:
- Allows for control of Bobcat machines from outside of the cab.
- Known Object Avoidance: Create geofences around obstacles and push to the machine to avoid objects on the jobsite.
- Programmed Navigation: Plot GPS points and push to the machine for simple, semi-autonomous operation.
Bobcat Machine IQ Wireless Communications / Bobcat Owner Portal. Using wireless communication technology, Bobcat machines can be monitored from anywhere, recording critical information to decrease downtime and reduce costs. With Machine IQ, operators can stay connected to their machine’s status at any time from a computer or mobile device through the Bobcat Owner Portal. Each Bobcat machine includes a device that enables operators and their dealers to monitor machines remotely for unplanned or planned maintenance needs, machine security, reporting and analytics, and basic telematics data.
Bobcat Features On Demand. The new R-Series compact loaders from Bobcat are designed with the technology to do more, faster than ever before. Features On Demand allows operators to purchase a Bobcat skid-steer or compact track loader with certain features enabled at the point of sale, plus the ability to turn on other machine features after the initial sale without significant cost or machine upgrades. R-Series loaders enabled with the Features On Demand performance package include:
- Automatic ride control
- Dual-direction bucket positioning
- High-flow auxiliary hydraulics
- Reversible cooling fan
- 2-Speed travel
Bob-Dock Attachment Mounting System. Bobcat is revolutionizing the way the compact equipment industry changes attachments with the Bob-Dock system – a cutting-edge, hands-free hydraulic attachment mounting system. Now Bobcat compact loader operators can change most hydraulic attachments without leaving the comfort of the cab. The Bob-Dock system is available for select M2-Series skid-steer and compact track loaders, in addition to the A770 all-wheel steer loader.
Experience Bobcat at CONEXPO
Hundreds of dealer personnel and Bobcat will host thousands of customers and business partners during North America’s largest construction trade show, which is held only once every three years.“We are proud to unveil our exciting and ambitious display of new products and innovations at CONEXPO,” said Mike Ballweber, president of Doosan Bobcat North America. “Our exhibit at CONEXPO is set to be our best show ever, as we showcase our exciting vision and momentum for the future.More information will be announced in the coming weeks leading up to the show. For more information, visit Bobcat.com/CONEXPO and follow the Bobcat Company Facebook page for live updates.