American Augers’ DD-240T Midi Rig is a new ground-up design concept for horizontal direction drills focused on modularity that offers a wide array of configurations beginning with choice of frame size. The range 2 rig is 52.6-ft. long, and the 20-ft. pipe version is 40 ft. long, both with a width of just 8.2 ft. The DD-240T can be ordered with or without onboard fluid pump, with pipe-loader or full-length manway. The patented moveable cab comfortably accommodates driller and wire-line operator (only two-person cab in the rig-size class) and can be set off-board to reduce vibration conveyed to the operators.
- Max. thrust and pullback: 240,000 lb.
- Rotary torque @ 50 rpm: 30,000 ft.-lb.
- Maximum rotary torque @ 37 rpm: 43,900 ft.-lb.
- Touchscreen controls can be programmed to match any control system
- Traveling wrenches can be positioned anywhere from front to carriage
- 523-hp Mercedes Tier 4 Final engine requires no exhaust-regen. cycle