The D23x30DR S3 Navigator horizontal directional drill (HDD) integrates dual rod technology into a compact machine design to efficiently maneuver through rock in congested cities, busy neighborhoods or tight jobsites. Featuring a narrow footprint and a weight of 16,500 lbs., it is well suited for fiber, electrical, gas and water installation in hard rock, as well as other challenging ground conditions.
- Onboard Firestick drill rod dual system enables a 7% downhole steerability
- Threaded outer rod offers a rotational torque of 3,000 ft.-lbs., while the hex inner rod delivers up to 800 ft.-lbs.
- Deutz TCD3.6L4 diesel engine
- Generates thrust/pullback of 24,000 lbs.
- RH10 drill head provides responsive downhole steering with a 2° bend located in its forward section
- Drill head can be fitted with a 5.5-in. tricone bit or polycrystalline diamond compact (PDC) bit t
- Toolless PG5 quick pullback grapple helps reduce the need to remove the drill head after the pilot bore when installing small-diameter pipes
- Carriage speed of 175 ftpm and a rotational speed of 200 rpm
- Operator ear noise level of 83 db(A)