The leading event for the utilities and utility and construction contractors will feature a UTV Test Track, plus its first-ever concert event at Fourth Street Live!, open free to attendees.
ICUEE, the International Construction and Utility Equipment Exposition will be held October 1-3 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY. It is targeted to utilities and utility and construction contractors seeking comprehensive insights into the latest industry technologies, innovations and trends, focused on electric transmission and distribution, telecom, cable, natural gas, water and wastewater, and vegetation management.
New this year is the UTV Test Track, which puts attendees in the driver’s seat with the opportunity to compare several models of utility terrain vehicles (UTVs) from three of the leading manufacturers: Caterpillar, Bobcat and John Deere. This 80,000-sq.-ft. area adjacent to the Underground Demo Lot (Area K) and Broadbent Arena will feature manufacturer UTV displays and test-drive courses for hands-on evaluation of machine capabilities.
Also new is the first-ever ICUEE Live! Concert in the downtown Louisville Fourth Street Live! dining and entertainment complex. Free to all attendees, the concert will be held Wednesday, October 2, starting at 7 p.m., and will feature music from The Crashers & Soul Circus. Concert sponsors are Bobcat, Freightliner, Nesco Specialty Rentals and I Make America.
Other new and noteworthy features of this year’s show include:
- A new Emerging Technologies Pavilion joins the expanded Safety and Fleet Management exhibit pavilions on the indoor show floor. These pavilions help group specific types of exhibitors to make it even easier to spot what’s new, making them a “can’t miss” feature at ICUEE.
- A new Food Court Patio area will host Louisville’s most iconic food trucks, with plenty of seating. The area will be conveniently located between the Above Ground Demo Lot (Area L) and the Lift & Haul Demo Lot (Area N).
- The show’s closing Bourbon, Beer & Bites networking reception for all attendees offers complimentary tastings of the food and beverages of Louisville. Held Thursday, October 3, from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in the Kentucky Exposition Center North Lobby, The event is sponsored by Louisville Tourism, Kentucky Exposition Center and Levy Restaurants.
New and expanded learning opportunities range from education on the show floor to interactive crisis-simulation planning, such as:
- Disaster-simulation labs with Desi Matel-Anderson, FEMA’s first and former Chief Innovation Officer
- Field classrooms where instructors are hands-on with equipment on the show floor
- Eat and Learn workshops with Tuesday lunch and Wednesday breakfast and lunch
ICUEE 2019 will include more than 30 acres of the industry’s latest technology and equipment, hands-on equipment test drives and interactive product demonstrations - with more than 240 product categories and more than 200 new exhibitors joining longtime favorites.