For 2020, maximum towing capacity increases across all Super Duty pickup series – F-250, F-350 and F-450 – versus the outgoing model.
The 2020 Super Duty with Tremor Off-Road Package is the most capable off-road Super Duty ever. It will have maximum towing of up to 15,000 lbs. for conventional trailers and 21,900 lbs. for gooseneck trailers with the available diesel, in addition to 4,210 lbs. maximum payload capacity with the new 7.3-liter gas engine that is available – providing the towing and payload capability customers expect of Super Duty.
The 2020 F-Series Super Duty pickup owns six key best-in-class heavy-duty pickup truck claims for full-size pickups over 8,500 lbs.:
- Best-in-class maximum available diesel gooseneck towing of up to 37,000 lbs.
- Best-in-class maximum available diesel fifth-wheel towing of 32,500 lbs.
- Best-in-class maximum available diesel conventional towing of 24,200 lbs.
- Best-in-class diesel power and torque with available 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel V8 delivering 475 hp and 1,050 ft.-lbs.
- Best-in-class gas power and torque from the new 7.3-liter V8 delivering 430 hp and 475 ft.-lbs.
- Best-in-class maximum payload capacity of 7,850 lbs with standard 6.2-liter gas engine
Super Duty also introduces technology to help improve towing convenience and confidence. A class-exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist makes negotiating even the largest trailers into the tightest of spaces as easy as turning a dial. Following setup, drivers use a knob instead of the steering wheel to maneuver the trailer via the reverse camera. Trailer Reverse Guidance shows trailer angle and direction and provides steering suggestions to most efficiently direct a trailer backward. This technology accommodates all trailer types – conventional, fifth-wheel and gooseneck designs.
This helps the Ford Super Duty maintain its market position. The Ford F-Series currently accounts for more than 47 percent share of the construction market according to Ford analysis of IHS Markit TIPNet U.S. registration data, January 2017 through June 2019.