The 2014 Ram 1500 pickup truck will offer a new, 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine, mated with the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. The turbocharged, dual overhead camshaft (DOHC) 24-valve diesel produces 240 hp and 420 lb.-ft. of torque and while fuel-economy numbers are forthcoming, Ram says it will be "noticeably more efficient than all V6 gasoline engines in the half-ton category."
The 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine option increased 42 percent in horsepower and 13 percent in torque (305 hp and 269 lb.-ft.). Ram expects 20 percent better fuel economy than the previous 3.7-liter V6.
- Pricing for the 2014 Ram 1500 starts at $24,200, plus $1,095 destination
- EcoDiesel option priced $2,850 greater than similarly equipped HEMI-powered Ram 1500
- 5.7-liter Hemi V8 with Fuel Saver Technology provides 395 horsepower, 410 lb.-ft. of torque
- TorqueFlite 8 eight-speed automatic transmission is standard equipment with EcoDiesel and 3.6L Pentastar V6, and optional with the 5.7L Hemi V8
- Powertrain warranty covers five years/100,000 miles