GMC elevates the range-topping Sierra Denali with the 2016 Sierra Denali Ultimate package that includes integrated trailer brake controller, Lane Keep Assist, power steps for reaching the forward cargo section. The Denali Ultimate package is offered exclusively on four-wheel-drive 1500 crew cab models with either a 5-ft. 8-in. or 6-ft. 6-in. cargo bed. It is distinguished with 22-in. wheels with chrome or black insert), a standard sunroof, chrome tow hooks and standard technologies, including Tri-Mode Power Steps – that move rearward to serve as a step into the forward section of the cargo bed. Lane Keep Assist and IntelliBeam automatic headlamp control are also standard.
Sierra’s 6.2L V8 with active noise-canceling technology offers the light-duty segment’s highest output: 420 hp and 460 lb.-ft. of torque. A 5.3L V8 with the new Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission is the standard powertrain.
The standard integrated trailer brake controller allows the driver to adjust the amount of output available to the electric trailer brake and to manually apply the brakes.
Sierra Denali’s standard, segment-exclusive magnetic ride control delivers more-precise body motion control, for a greater feeling of responsiveness and smoother ride. Its sensors “read” the road every millisecond, triggering damping changes in as little as five milliseconds in electronically controlled shock absorbers that replace conventional mechanical-valve shocks.
Standard technologies and convenience features include:
- Eight-in.-diagonal Color Touch navigation radio with IntelliLink
- Four standard USB ports
- Apple CarPlay capability, with Android Auto coming later in the model year
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bose premium sound system
- Wireless phone charging, new for 2016
- Remote vehicle starter system
- Remote keyless entry with new remote locking tailgate
- Power-adjustable pedals
- Power-sliding rear window with defogger
- Rear-vision camera with dynamic guidelines