The 2020 Silverado HD offers a max towing capability of 35,500 pounds, new advanced trailering technologies and heavy-duty details designed to make tasks easier. The lineup includes 2500HD and 3500HD Regular, Double Cab and Crew Cab models offered with standard length and long cargo boxes, as well as two chassis cab lengths. Customers can choose between the standard 6.6L V-8 gas engine with direct injection and 401 hp and 464 lbs-ft. of torque , or the Duramax 6.6L V-8 Turbo-Diesel with 445 hp and 910 lbs.-ft. of torque and an all-new Allison 10-speed automatic transmission. The models include details designed to make work more intuitive, including a relocated engine block heater, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank enhancements, more integrated snow plow package and redesigned trailering mirrors. Greater towing capability is matched with a new suite of trailering technologies, offering 15 available camera views, including a transparent trailer feature.
Additional features include:
- Auto Park Brake Assist automatically initiates the electronic parking brake to help hold the truck’s position and vehicle creep when hitching a trailer
- All-new Park Grade Hold Assist enhances hill hold by using braking effort at all four wheels to help keep the truck in place for an extended length of time
- Enhanced integrated trailer brake controller works with the trailer profile in the Advanced Trailering System to recall a specified trailer’s most recent gain setting
- Enhanced Tow/Haul mode remains engaged on the next key-on cycle, for up to four hours and includes a reminder that the feature is engaged
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control
- Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance
- Auto Grade Braking and Diesel Exhaust Braking
- Enhanced Digital Variable Steering Assist
Inside, the Silverado HD offers a roomier, spacious, work-focused cabin with class-leading front head- and legroom, plus nearly 3 in. of additional rear-leg room in Crew Cab models while offering more innovative storage options.
Other features include:
- Twelve fixed tie-down rings, with the corner rings rated at 500 lbs. and the ability to add up to nine accessory tie-downs
- Available 120-volt power outlet located at the rear of the box (standard and long)
- BedSteps on all box styles, located in front of the rear wheel openings, that complement integrated CornerSteps in the rear bumper that have increased in size, to improve access to the cargo area
- Available Power Up/Down Tailgate that raises or lowers using the key fob, interior button or touchpad on the tailgate