Kenworth's T880 features a lightweight aluminum cab that is nearly 7 ft. wide. First introduced on the T680 in 2012, the robotically assembled cab's stamped aluminum panels are connected by Henrob self-penetrating fasteners for durability and resistance to noise, vibration and corrosion. The T880 is available with five, factory-installed Watson & Chalin lift axles, including a 10K offering for the first time and a 20K version with a 200-lb. weight savings. New steering gears improve feedback and increase wheel cut for greater maneuverability.
- Standard PACCAR 12.9-liter MX-13 engine rated up to 500 hp and 1,850 lb.-ft. of torque
- Cummins ISX15 engine available with up to 600 hp and 2,050 lb-ft of torque
- Windshield is much larger than the T800 windshield
- Stamped aluminum door is triple-sealed and tough enough to support 400 lb.
- 5-piece composite hood for easier and faster repairs
- 116.5- or 122.5-in. bumper to back of cab
- Day cab, 40-in., 52-in. and 76-in. sleeper configurations
- Available with Hendrickson ULTIMAAX severe-duty rubber suspension with axle ratings from 46,000 to 52,000 lbs. and axle spacings of 54 and 60 in. with 11-in. ride height
Brochure: Kenworth T880 Vocational Truck