The next day we applied our next layer of stampable overlay on the previous pour. Extreme care was needed to ensure we did not contaminate the first pour, so we used a brick mason's pointing trowel to apply much of the second layer.
At the appropriate time, we textured the second pour with seamless texturing skins making sure to run the veins in the same direction while not overlapping them. Two coats of diluted acid stains were applied by hand creating a natural patina.
Once the cleaning and neutralizing of the stain was complete, the "river," a recessed section, was dyed using diluted colors. After interspersing some mother-of-pearl shell on the river bed, the next step was to completely fill the void with water-clear casting resin. Had we used regular 100 percent solids epoxy, the clarity would have been compromised because of the thickness. It was now time to apply two coats of 100 percent solids epoxy followed by two coats of an aliphatic urethane.
Although this floor was very labor intensive and time consuming, the end result was incredible. The main comment people make when they see the floor is "I have never seen anything like this before." Mission accomplished!
Open your eyes to the endless possibilities that surround you. Who knows, you may end up with a dirty old wall on your floor (at least certain parts of it) and you can even take your shoes and socks off and stroll up the "river" to cool off.