bauma China 2008, held November 25 to 28, in Shanghai, set record levels for exhibitor space. The fourth international trade fair for construction machinery, building material machines, construction vehicles and equipment hosted over 1,300 exhibitors covering 2.26 million sq. ft., a 40% increase over the 2006 event. This included 860,800 sq. ft. of hall space and 1.4 million sq. ft. of outdoor exhibits. The number of international pavilions also rose to eight, with the addition of a Romanian pavilion.
By comparison, bauma China 2006 featured 1,088 exhibitors covering a total area of 1.6 million sq. ft, and attracted 80,000+ trade fair visitors from all regions of China and from all continents.
Event organizers included Munich Trade Fairs International Group, Munich Trade Fairs (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., the China Construction Machinery Association, the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade – Machinery Sub-Council and China Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
Visit www.bauma-china.com to learn more.
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) announces a change of dates for its 2009 Annual Meeting, which will be held in San Diego. The dates are January 17 to 18 for committee meetings and January 18 to 21 for the Annual Meeting.
The keynote speaker will be Trent Lott, former Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate. He will focus on how the new Administration and Congress will affect the construction industry, and what NAPA members need to do to influence the next federal-aid highway bill.
For more details, visit www.hotmix.org.
For its 35th event, World of Concrete 2009 returns to the Las Vegas Convention Center from February 3 to 6. More than 825,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space has been booked by exhibitors from around the world, who will display the latest products, tools, education, equipment, technologies and more for attendees involved in the concrete and masonry industries.
The 2009 event will again feature special product and action areas, including:
- The Producer Center, a dedicated marketplace of materials, equipment, demos and seminars for concrete producers
- Material Handling, covering trucks, excavators and more for material delivery, distribution, concrete placement and earthmoving
- Concrete Repair and Demolition, featuring surface preparation products and equipment, scarifying, grinding, sawing equipment and other demolition products
- World of Masonry, showcasing a full range of products, tools, information and technology for masonry professionals
- Technology for Construction, highlighting the latest products and technologies for the commercial construction industry from information technology and systems providers
- GREENSITE exhibits and presentation area, showcasing green build technologies and products, along with interactive displays, video and live presentations
The Education Program will feature targeted three-hour sessions covering topics ranging from Concrete Fundamentals to Decorative Concrete and Business & Project Management. The 90- minute topics include Leadership & Management, Technology for Construction, Green Building, Safety/Risk Management and more.
To view the latest show information or to register, visit www.worldofconcrete.com.