Under the plan, all newly produced larger machines (wheel loaders over 10 tons, articulated haulers, excavators over 12 tons, motor graders) ordered for markets with CareTrack availability, will be standard equipped with telematics and will be delivered with a no charge, 3-year CareTrack customer subscription that enables owners to enlist the full range of benefits available with remote monitoring.
CareTrack is Volvo Construction Equipment's telematics system used to manage a machine's productivity and maximize its availability for work. Using GPRS (mobile network) or satellite technology to send information, data is available securely and instantaneously to any remote online connection. Through fault reporting and activity warnings and by facilitating remote diagnosis, the goal is that machine problems will be identified sooner and resolved faster.
Machine operation and deployment can be optimized via functions that monitor fuel consumption, location, hours of operation, speed and approaching service intervals. Combined with Volvo's remote self diagnostics (VCADS) and software productivity tools (MATRIS), CareTrack provides the most comprehensive uptime and productivity solution in the industry.
CareTrack is available on the following machine models
- Wheel Loaders L60F - L350F, excluding L180HL
- Articulated Haulers A25E - A40E
- Wheeled Excavators EW160C - EW230C
- Crawler Excavators EC140CL - EC700CL
- Motor Graders G930 - G990
- Tracked Forestry Carrier FC2421C
- Standard Demolition EC210CLD - EC700CLD
- High Reach Demolition EC360C-HR & EC700B-HR
- Pipelayers PL4608, PL4611