Cargill now offers its WinterPave asphalt anti-freeze, a new product specifically designed for helping make safer winter roads an easier process for public works officials and commercial contractors while providing an environmentally friendly option.
- Mixed directly with asphalt during production for easy installation
- Delays formation of slippery conditions caused by snow and ice for easier, faster plowing
- Longer margin of time for snowplow drivers to intervene during heavy snowfall
- Releases fewer chlorides into the environment
- Helps extend pavement life and may help the reduction of potholes
- Helps prevent snowpack and ice from bonding to the pavement at surface temperatures greater than 17 degrees F
- Reduces the number of sodium chloride applications needed to melt away hard pack