The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) announced the winners of its 2019 NRMCA Excellence in Quality Awards. Winning producers have demonstrated that they followed and exceeded quality management principles over a broad range of activities from commitment to quality, materials management, managing production facilities, product quality control while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. The winners below will be honored on October 7 during the Awards Luncheon at NRMCA’s ConcreteWorks in Kissimmee, FL.
The criteria for this award were established by NRMCA’s Research Engineering and Standards Committee to recognize the commitment to quality of NRMCA member companies. Companies applied either as a single entity or a division within a company and responded to a multiple-choice type application form that generated their scores; a minimum score of 75% with supporting validation qualified a company to receive an award.
Category A (annual production exceeding 1 million cubic yards):
- Argos USA LLC – Atlanta
- Argos USA LLC – Dallas/Fort Worth
- Argos USA LLC – Florida
- CalPortland – Arizona Division
- CEMEX – Florida Region
- CEMEX – Northern California Region
- Cemstone Products Company
- Concrete Supply Co.
- Irving Materials, Inc. – Indiana Region
- Irving Materials, Inc. – Tennessee Region
- Martin Marietta – Southwest Division
- Maschmeyer Concrete Company of Florida, Inc.
- Preferred Materials, Inc. – a CRH Company
- Thomas Concrete – Georgia Division
- Titan America LLC – Florida Business Unit
- Titan America LLC – Titan Virginia Ready Mix
Category B (annual production from 250,000 to 1 million cubic yards):
- Anderson Concrete Corp.
- Bayou Concrete, LLC
- Buckeye Ready-Mix, LLC
- CalPortland – Nevada Division
- CalPortland – Oregon - SW Washington
- CalPortland – Washington Division
- Chandler Concrete Company, Inc.
- Dolese Bros. Co. – Oklahoma City Division
- Irving Materials, Inc. – Eastern Kentucky Region
- Irving Materials, Inc. – Western Kentucky & Southwestern Indiana Region
- MMC Materials, Inc. – Memphis & Desoto Area
- Quality Concrete
- S&W Ready Mix Concrete Company
- Thomas Concrete – Charlotte Division
- Thomas Concrete – Coastal Division
- Thomas Concrete – Raleigh Division
- Thomas Concrete – Upstate South Carolina
- USC Atlantic / Superior Concrete Materials, Inc.
Category C (annual production less than 250,000 cubic yards):
- CalPortland – Central Coast Division
- Dolese Bros. Co. – Tulsa Division
- Duke City Ready Mix
- MMC Materials, Inc.– Central MS Area
- MMC Materials, Inc.– Golden Triangle Area
- MMC Materials, Inc.– Hattiesburg Area
- United Companies – a CRH Company West Division