Caterpillar has unveiled two technology package upgrades for its medium dozer line. Formerly ARO with Assist, Cat Assist with ARO (attachment ready option) suite of features will be included as a standard feature on Cat D4, D5, D6, D6 XE and D7 models.
Additionally, a new Cat Grade with 3D Ready option provides flexibility for customers upgrading to Cat Grade with 3D on D4, D5 and D6 dozer models.
Now standard, Cat Assist with ARO for the new Cat D4 – D7 dozer comes equipped with the suite of Assist features that can be upgraded to Cat Grade 3D. These features include:
- Stable Blade: Supports finishing phases
- Traction Control: Reduces track slip to minimize wear
- Auto Carry: Maximizes blade loads
- Blade Load Monitor: Operator coaching
- Slope Assist: Holds blade angles with no GPS
- Steer Assist: Automatically keeps dozing straight
- ARO: Sensors (IMUs) on machine for GPS capability
Cat Grade with 3D uses a GPS signal to automatically adjust blade lift and tilt movements. The new Cat Grade with 3D Ready option consists of all the hardware required for the 3D system and comes installed and tested from the factory.
The option includes onboard sensors, GNSS antennas and receivers and a 10-in. (25.4-mm) touchscreen display. This allows the 3D Ready hardware to be updated to a complete Grade with 3D system with the purchase of necessary licenses through the Cat Dealer.