Dual travel pumps in Bomag’s smooth-drum BW177DH-5 and padfoot drum BW177PDH-5 single-drum rollers deliver up to 58% gradeability with vibration and 61% without. Bomag says its single-drum rollers climb up to 24% steeper grades than rollers employing a single travel pump and parallel-flow hydraulics. The BW177DH-5 and BW177PDH-5 deliver 25,179 lb. centrifugal force in high-amplitude and 16,636 lb. in low. The rollers compact up to 550 cu. yd. per hour of granular soil, mixed soils at rates reaching 420 cu. yd. per hour, and up to 185 cu. yd. per hour of cohesive soil.
- One travel pump dedicated to drum drive, the other to the rear axle with no-spin differential
- Elevated front frame opens the space between the drum and frame to prevent plugging
- Operator’s choice of two vibration frequencies (1,860 and 2,280 vpm) and two amplitudes
- Intelligent control of the 74 hp Kubota turbo diesel reduces fuel use up to 30%
- Optional Terrameter system continuously assesses compaction achieved