The new Cat 730, 730 EJ (Ejector), and 735 articulated trucks have been extensively redesigned, enhancing the field-proven features and performance of their C-Series predecessors (730C2, 730C2 EJ, and 735C), plus new operator stations. Updates include new controls, transmission protection features, hoist-assist system, advanced traction control system, stability-assist system and fuel saving ECO operating mode.
In addition, the design of the 367-net-hp 730 and 730 EJ is enhanced with automatic retarder control and a hill-start feature. The 735 retains these features from its C-Series predecessor, plus incorporates include a 428-net-hp C13 ACERT engine and CX31 transmission (also on the 730 and 730 EJ), as well as structural and dimensional modifications that reduce empty weight by 22%, while retaining the productivity of the outgoing 735C. These features combine for an up to 18% gain in fuel efficiency.
- Rated payload capacities from 30.8 to 35.2 tons
- Standard Cat Detect/Stability-Assist system monitors working angle of tractor and body, and cautions operator when approaching a set threshold angle
- Cat Advanced Automatic Traction Control system proactively applies differential locks to avoid wheel spin, and a "terrain-based," throttle-smoothing system prevents acceleration surges when traveling over extremely rough terrain
- Combined transmission-and-hoist lever provides efficient, single-lever control of vehicle speed and body-hoisting functions
- Shift-protection system brings truck to a safe stop if a directional shift is made while the truck is moving
- Cab's external “spinal-ROPS" design incorporates a rear-quarter glass that eliminates a structural pillar for enhanced rear visibility
- Cab includes lower inside sound levels at 72 dB(A), and includes a “wake-up” feature that initiates displays when the door is opened, a lighter, stronger door design with shut-assist feature, automatic climate-control (HVAC) system, heated/cooled seat with increased adjustments and flip up/down passenger seat with added cushioning.
- Options include Cat Connect PAYLOAD technology, infrared glass in cab, integrated payload lights and optional long range, LED work lights