The 580 EV (Electric Vehicle) from CASE Construction Equipment is the construction industry’s first fully electric backhoe loader.
- The power and performance of the 580 EV is equivalent to other diesel-powered backhoes in the CASE product line and provides considerably lower daily operating costs while also producing zero emissions — a motivating factor for utility and government contractors incentivized to work with equipment that leverages alternative fuels and lowers emissions.
- Powered by a 480-volt, 90-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack that can be charged by any 220-volt/three-phase connection.
- Each charge will support most common eight-hour workdays depending on the application
- The battery separately powers the drivetrain and hydraulic motors, resulting in hydraulic breakout forces equal to diesel-powered machines and improved performance during simultaneous loader and drivetrain operation
- CASE, in partnership with FPT Industrial, continues to explore additional solutions in electrification, alternative fuels and alternative propulsion systems for equipment across all product lines and industries that help achieve sustainability for all in the construction industry without sacrificing power and performance. These solutions will be introduced and brought to market as industry demand requires.
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about CASE Project Zeus is Industry's First Fully Electric Backhoe Loader