With its Discovery Series, Gradall Industries introduced the industry’s first crossover hydraulic excavator, which combines the versatility benefits of Gradall’s full-tilting, telescoping boom with the reliable over-the-road mobility of a Freightliner truck chassis. D152 models with two-wheel-drive or D154 models with four-wheel-drive travel easily with an automatic transmission and over-the-road travel at highway speeds.
- Two-axle chassis with reinforced frame and modified rear suspension
- Powered by a single emissions-compliant Cummins 6.7-liter engine with 220 gross hp and 520 ft.-lbs. of torque
- Full-tilting, telescoping boom tilts 220° without sacrificing boom power and includes two overlapping sections that telescope out to 25 ft.
- Compact, near-zero tailswing allows work along two-lane roads with only minimal traffic flow interruption
- Front axle lockout cylinders provide full working stability and do not require outriggers, even when working at either side or to the rear of the machine
- Advanced Bosch Rexroth designed hydraulic system features pressure-compensated, load-sensing valves with reliefs on all circuits
- Roomy upperstructure operator cab features all-electric joystick controls, heating and air conditioning and an in-cab switch to choose from Gradall, Deere or SAE joystick patterns
- Standard Freightliner M 2 chassis day cab with two fixed or air ride seats, an automotive-style flat dash with easy-to-read LED backlit gauges and controls, adjustable steering column, electric-powered windows, dual reading lights, radio and advanced heating and air conditioning systems