Two new Case excavator models, the 50-metric-ton CX490D and 51-tonne CX500D replace the 47-tonne CX470C excavator. The two new D-Series excavators are powered by the same 362-hp Case diesel as the model they replace, but an electronically controlled hydraulic pump and larger control and solenoid valves boost breakout forces, increase lifting strength and improve responsiveness. Case says the new machines operate with up to 10% faster cycle times, improved multifunction control, and greater fuel efficiency.
Four systems make up the Case Intelligent Hydraulic System: Boom Economy Control reduces engine RPMs by using gravity during boom-down and swing; Auto Economy Control lowers RPMs at idle and automatically shuts down the engine after a preset idle time; Swing Relief Control reduces hydraulic power at the swing start; and Spool Stroke Control adjusts hydraulic pressure during digging.
The Spool Stroke Control system allows the CX490D and CX500D excavators to re-use hydraulic fluid whenever possible to increase cycle times, and the operator experiences a more productive machine without losing the precision of the machine’s controls
- 109,300- and 11,800-lb. operating weights with 55,500 to 70,400 ft.-lbs. of bucket digging force
- CX500D is the largest Tier 4 Final D Series excavator, and is dedicated to mass excavation with a heavy-duty attachment coupler and larger bucket cylinders for handling larger buckets
- Optional hydraulic counterweight-removal device improves safety and efficiency during transportation
- Satisfy Tier 4 Final emissions standards with selective catalytic reduction and diesel oxidation catalyst, requiring no diesel particulate filter
- All Case D Series excavators are covered under Case ProCare – a suite of product assurances that includes a three-year Advanced Case SiteWatch telematics subscription, a three-year/3,000-hour full-machine factory warranty, and a three-year/3,000-hour planned maintenance contract
- Standard features include Free Swing, oil sample ports, an easy pattern selector and fully adjustable operator station with standard heated air ride seat and joystick controls
- Optional hydraulic counterweight-removal device